Monday, 19 November 2012

Music Video Idea - Task 3



I want my music video to have a narrative because I think this makes a video interesting.

The storyline of the video is two halves of the same person represented at 2 people. This is quite easy to do you can either split the screen to show two people of just film in different places but make it look like there are 2 people there.

They then become friends and they want to be one person because together they are complete. Person A is confident but quite arrogant, and person B is kind but really shy. They then find a book on how to become one person. They build the machine and find the necessary ingredients and at the end they become 1.

I want the video to have an amateur look to it. I think it looks cool when it does and it's also achievable in the short space of time we have. Here's an example of something looking amateur. 


I was inspired by these videos for the idea of 2 people becoming one. I didn't really have any ideas before this so I can't show how I've got to this idea.





I want to use this song for my video because I think the lyrics "I belong with you, you belong with me" could be shown by 2 people needing each other without it being a love story (which I want to avoid).



I was originally going to have the whole video narrative but I think I might have a bit of performance in there as well because I don't think the story will be able to fill the song.

I think it would be easier not split the screen and to just film the 2 people separately but give the illusion that they are together.

To fully put this music video in production you would need a camera and props (like the machine) and also different filming locations.

I have some other ideas for other songs but I want to go with this idea because I think it's unique, matches the song and is also touching on the theme of friendship which is something most people don't really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment