Monday, 13 May 2013

The 26th Day - Scene 5

Josh, Brydie and Thomas are outside the bathroom, banging on the door.

Brydie
Isabel please just talk to us!

Josh
Come out before I bash the door down

Thomas
I don't think that'll be necessary Josh

Brydie
Isabel please we're not angry!

The door unlocks and slowly Isabel unlocks the door

Isabel
Hey

The four are now sitting back in the main room

Josh
So why was there blood on the tissues

Thomas
Not now Josh we can find out later

Brydie
No we need to know, Isabel?

Isabel
I had a nose bleed

Josh
Then why did you lock yourself away?

Isabel
I don't know

Brydie
Look, I'm just going to ask you one thing and you have to answer honestly

Isabel
Okay

Brydie
Have you been bitten?

Isabel nods and then looks down, we see under her sleeve is packed with tissues

Thomas gets up to comfort her

Thomas
Hey it's okay

Brydie
No don't touch her!

Thomas
What why?

Brydie
She's been infected! 

Thomas
She's our friend!

Brydie
I know but just stay back

Josh
Well I'm sorry Isabel but you have to go

Thomas
What! You can't just chuck her out!!

Brydie
Thomas..

Thomas
She's our friend! If she's going I'm going!

Isabel
I don't want to go

Josh
Well I'm sorry but you're infected so it's just selfish to stay

Brydie
Josh! Look Isabel I'm so sorry, but you know the rules, we'll come with you

Isabel
No it's not that, I don't want to go. I don't want turn into one of those things, even if we cover it up with cerebrum mortius syndrome they're still zombies, and now I'm one of them

Thomas
There's still time!

Isabel
There isn't, before with the guy out there, I told him to stop

Thomas
No he was distracted!

Isabel
I'm sorry, and I'm sorry for not saying anything

Brydie
I would've probably done the same

Josh
So what do we do now?

Thomas
I don't know, I guess we can take you to the forest or something?

Isabel
No

Brydie
I'm sorry Isabel but you have to

Isabel
No I mean, I don't want to be remember as a zombie thing. I feel like I should just die now

Josh
What so you want us to kill you? 

Isabel
I'm dead anyway, I'm already turning white and blood is coming out of my mouth

Thomas
No you're fine

Isabel
I'm not, don't make this any harder Thomas, please

Thomas nods

Isabel
Just kill me, you managed to kill the guy out there you can do it to me

Brydie
But you're our friend..

Isabel
Brydie

Brydie
Sorry

Brydie straightens herself out and puts on a brave face

Brydie
Okay...right Josh get the bats from earlier

Josh heads out to get the bats

Thomas
You can't be serious

Brydie
Look Isabel wants this, if you love her you'll let her go

Thomas nods

Josh
Got the bats

Brydie
Are you sure you want this Isabel?

Isabel
Yes

Thomas
Isabel I'm so sorry, I wish there was a cure of something

Isabel
Don't, it's fine, I'm sorry, I'm stupid enough to get bitten

Josh
You sure are

Josh says lightheartedly and everyone smiles but with grief in their eyes

Brydie
So you ready?

Isabel takes a deep breath

Isabel
Yeah

Brydie, Josh and Thomas lift up the bats

Thomas
I'm so sorry Isabel

Isabel
I love you

The three bats smack down at once

-END OF THE MOVIE-


No comments:

Post a Comment