Monday, 8 October 2012

Evaluation on my own video profile

My video profile - evaluation

Overall I think my video profile is good. It meets the target of telling people about myself and what I'm about. Also there's lots of different video clips and pictures in there so it's constantly different. 

I think I'm most proud of how it's all come together because I think the content is interesting and exciting. It shows lots of aspects to my life and I talk about interesting things that have happened to me rather than just about me.

I think I could have filmed with more shots to make it even more exciting, or maybe not just sit and talk, I could have walked around and talked or have been in an interesting place.

Some people have said the music didn't match the mood, I originally I wanted it to be a serious video but when I was filming I was in a happy upbeat mood so it killed the seriousness of the video.  
Next time I would spend more time on making it look different from other video profiles because then mine would be unique to me and that is what the video profile is about.

To make it look and sound more professional I could use a better quality camera. Also I could use more equipment rather than just a tripod. It would also have been better to use a microphone because I couldn't use some footage due to bad sound quality.

Compared to a commercially produced video mine is obviously lower quality because I have a smaller budget, but overall I think mine includes more interesting things about myself rather than a professional one which would probably just be about their cv. 

This was my first video at the college and I think it's pretty good considering. I've never used final cut pro before so for a first time I think it's good! Next time we have to film a project I hope I can learn from this experience and grow to film and produce better quality videos. But at this moment in time I think my video is pretty good and shows people who don't know me what I'm all about.

Filming was really fun because I like being in front of the camera. Editing was also fun because I got to see how it all turned out and putting it all together was great as I had put a lot of effort into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment